Independence Day celebrations are just around the corner in the Pikes Peak Region and beyond. Events are taking place on July 4th (Saturday this year) and on the weekends before and after.
*Check the complete list before heading out in case any locations cancel events due COVID-19 or fire danger this summer.*
Colorado Springs Region:
- Fort Carson Freedom Fest – The dates are to be determined.The fest is scheduled for June or July of 2020 at Iron Horse Park, but due to COVID-19, some modifications will be made. As many that have attended in years past know, this 3-day event is jam-packed with concerts, sporting events, an assortment of different food options, and fireworks. Check out their website if you have any questions.
- 4th of July Symphony on Your Porch – Enjoy the Colorado Springs Philharmonic’s annual patriotic concert broadcast from your favorite radio station – all from your porch! More info here. Organizers have identified several places in Colorado Springs neighborhoods where the fireworks will be visible. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE MAP OF LOCATIONS
- The Rocky Mountain Vibes – The Vibes will be hosting a Triple Play Holiday at UCHealth Park featuring back-to-back movies and a fireworks show on July 3. The event will start at 4:30 p.m. with the classic baseball movie,”The Sandlot.” At 6:30 p.m., is “Independence Day,” with fireworks at 9 p.m. to end the evening. More info here.
- Switchbacks – The Switchbacks are hosting Fireworks Extravaganza on July 4th at Weidner Field. Partnering with Oakwood Homes, Switchbacks have organized a firework display synced to music from iHeartRadio and the Colorado Springs Philharmonic. Guests are expected to remain in their vehicles to watch the fireworks safely.
- Colorado Sparkler & Fireworks – Enjoy great Fastpitch Softball action with the Colorado Sparkler tournaments happening in Colorado Springs, Denver Metro, and Northern Colorado July 1 through July 5. More info on these games here.
- Falcon Freedom Days Firework Show – In partnership with Colorado Springs Philharmonic and Colorado Springs Sports Corporation (and iHeartRadio), Falcon Freedom Days will host a Firework Show synced to music on Saturday, July 4, from 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The Firework Show will be held at Antler Creek Golf Course driving range, one of nine locations to have a fireworks display in El Paso County. According to their website, COVID-19 restrictions will not allow for the usual day long festivities. The hope is Ranch residents can still celebrate The Fourth safely at home by tuning in to radio station Sunny 106.3, or download the iHeartRadio app to listen to the synced music along with the fireworks display. More information from Meridian Ranch can be found here.
The Broadmoor American Family Fourth of July Celebration and Rock Ledge Ranch Family Fourth had no mention of their Independence Day Celebrations. The July 4 Old Colorado City Community Picnic has been canceled.
Rollin’ on the Riverwalk and Pueblo West 4th of July Celebration have been canceled due to COVID-19. The Buell Children’s Museum will be reopening their Helen T. White galleries July 3, but will not hold any Independence Day specials such as Patriotic Day.
- Independence Day Celebration – Celebrate America’s Independence in the friendly town of Alamosa. This patriotic celebration begins with the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast from 7am-10am in the parking lot of SLV Savings & Loan. Following breakfast, the 4th of July Parade kicks off at 10 am on Main & 6th ending at Bell Avenue. Fireworks start at dusk at Alamosa Fairgrounds. More information here.
The Fourth of July Spectacular has been canceled due to COVID-19.
Breckenridge has postponed the Independence Day parade, including the Firecracker 50 mountain bike race to July 2021 due to COVID-19.
The Great American Picnic at Broomfield County Commons Park has been canceled this year due to COVID-19. Broomfield is hoping to still host Broomfield days in September.
- The spectacular 4th of July Celebration – will take place in Buena Vista. The Independence Day includes present day allure with past day charm. Pancake Breakfast, 5k, Art in the Park, live music, and fireworks. More info here.
- Fireworks in Castle Rock (July 4) – Fireworks will blast off from the Santa Fe Quarry butte above Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 4. According to their website, they recommend viewing from your house or neighborhood to avoid large gatherings and maintain social distancing. Anyone viewing the fireworks display must be aware that parking on streets and roadways will be limited and to be courteous of driveways and adhere to any posted neighborhood parking restrictions. In the event of severe weather, the fireworks will be postponed to Sunday, July 5. If stage 2 fire restrictions are in place on July 4, the event will be canceled.
No current updates on the 4th of July Celebration.
- Independence Eve – no current updates for this event.
- The Rockies – The Rockies have postponed what would have been their Independence Day game against the San Francisco Giants. The next game with fireworks is not scheduled until September 25.
The annual Fourth of July Festival and Fireworks have been canceled due to COVID-19.
Article originally published and regularly updated with the latest event information at https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/list-4th-of-july-celebrations-for-2020