Summer is almost here which means there is much family fun to be had. My family enjoys putting together a bucket list each summer to keep us focused on fun and to help us avoid the dreaded “I’m bored.” Below you will find a list that we have built on year after year. Find out the scoop on Fun Things to Do in the Summer in Colorado Springs, CO! Print off the list & cross of your family’s accomplishments.
- Grab your loose change (and a $20 bill) and head to Manitou Springs to the famous Penny Arcade. Enjoy horse races with your family, watch a dancing monkey, get a high score playing Skeeball and turn in your tickets for fun prizes. Don’t forget to show off your PAC-Man skills or fine dance moves while your there!
- Play mini-golf at one of several locations:
- Adventure Miniature Golf
- Gold Mine Mini Golf
- Legends Miniature Golf and Batting Cages
- Lost Island
- Peak View Park Miniature Golf
- World Golf and Sand Creek Golf Course
- See a movie from inside your car at Mesa Drive-in Theater, Pueblo. Find the move line-up HERE.
- Spend an afternoon at a local park. Find a new favorite park with the help of our 5 Great Parks and Playgrounds in Colorado Springs article found HERE.
- Be a tourist for the day by horseback riding with Academy Riding Stables through the Garden of the Gods. Read a review of our visit HERE.
- Grab fresh produce at one of our local Farmers Markets. Farmers Markets are beginning to open up with additional safety measures in place. (We will be linking a NEW Farmers Market guide soon.)
- Plan a Colorado Staycation to enjoy more of Colorado as a family. Reference our Summer Staycations in Colorado guide before making reservations. Click HERE.
- Take a day trip to the Royal Gorge, Canon City.
- Trek through Cheyenne Mountain State Park ($7 day pass).
- Drive Pikes Peak Highway all the way to the top. Must pay for day pass. Want more information? Click HERE.
WHERE TO STAY COOL
- Dip your toes in Prospect Lake at Memorial Park or find another lake or reservoir to visit with the help of our guide found HERE.
- Spend a day at Pirate’s Cove, Englewood.
- Get your floaties out for a day of fun at Pueblo Reservoir.
- Plan a trip to one of Colorado’s hot springs- A lot of fun but not a way to stay cool. Read about our trip to Glenwood Springs HERE.
HAVE FUN ON A BUDGET: FREE FUN!
- Sign up for the PPLD’s Summer Adventure reading program presented by Children’s Hospital of Colorado that runs June 1- July 31. Want more information? Click HERE.
- Explore the open spaces surrounding Bear Creek Nature Center, Fountain Creek Nature Center & Starsmore Discovery Center.
- Enjoy the nature and beauty at Helen Hunt Falls.
- Follow the trails at Red Rocks Open Space.
- Take a long walk through the Paint Mines, Calhan.
- Find a new favorite trail that’s easy for little tykes with our Family Favorite Hikes in Colorado guide found HERE.
- Discover new public art that’s been installed recently while also knocking out our City Art Scavenger Hunt. Print the 3 page reference sheets HERE.
If your kids are up for a fun-filled summer by participating in a summer camp, check out our Summer Camps in Colorado Springs guide HERE.
There is also a ton of fun happening throughout Colorado and our Macaroni Kid publishers have you covered. Visit HERE to Find Your Family Fun!
Article originally published at https://coloradosprings.macaronikid.com/guides/5b0f0d405e7ffb7d47dcca72/fun-things-to-do-in-the-summer-in-colorado-springs